And speaking of goat cheese, I just recently tried it and oh.my.gosh. I have been missing out! This cheese is so melt in your mouth good and has an amazing flavor all its own. Definitely my new favorite next to feta.
Strawberry and Goat Cheese Salad w/ balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 tbs. orange juice
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar (aged)
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp salt- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 4 cups greens (I used a spring mix)
- 1 cup thinly sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
1. In a separate bowl whisk together the first 5 ingredients. There can be slight differentiations on amounts added depending on your taste preference. I love balsamic vinegar so I added more than what the recipe called for.
2. In a large bowl gently toss the greens, almonds, and strawberries.
3. Top with crumbled goat cheese and drizzle with vinaigrette.
I was super famished since I skipped lunch so along with my salad, I doubled the vinaigrette recipe and marinated a boneless chicken breast in the dressing I had left over. I marinated the chicken for about 30 minutes, then browned it on both sides. It takes about 15 minutes total to brown. I then lowered the heat, added more of the vinaigrette, covered the pan and let the chicken simmer in the vinaigrette for an extra 10 minutes. It came out pretty well and tasted fabulous with the salad!