Monday, March 14, 2011

New York, New York

Spring break is finally here and I'm spending my time on a seminar/vacation in the big apple. This is my first time in New York and I've already bumped into more people and light poles than I can count because I'm constantly looking up instead of looking at what's in front of me. The city is everything I ever dreamed of and more!
The seminar part of the trip is put on by The University of Texas' Texas Exes. They allow a group of students to meet with alumni and are guided around the city making office visits to various companies in the industry of their study. My textile and apparel group will be visiting Macy's, FIT, Joseph Abboud, Blue Stripe PR, Fendi and touring Lori Goldstein's studio (omg soooooo excited, btw Lori was named one of StyleCaster's 50 Most Stylish New Yorkers!)

As excited as I am about going to all these amazing companies, I'm still in shock of the surreal guest speaker we got to meet with today. The great Iris Apfel. 
It was such a surreal experience being in the same room as Mrs. Apfel and listening to her stories and taking in all the advice she was giving us. I'm forever grateful to our leader Mrs. Prideaux for setting up this amazing opportunity and can't wait to see what New York has in store for me!
Stay tuned for more photos and updates of my trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment