Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Currently Reading...

My semesters are always so busy with work, school, and extra activities that I barely ever have any time to indulge in the things that I really love like reading, watching movies, and actively planning a decent wardrobe on a daily basis. However it's winter break now and I've had (surprisingly!) a week off of work and I've been treating myself to all these luxuries!

I started reading Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro on Saturday and I'm already blown away. The story really does pull you in immediately, constantly leaving at the edge of your seat, and making you incessantly wonder what really is behind this mysterious boarding school. The book is about a young woman reflectling back on her time with a few close friends at a secluded boarding school in the English countryside. The school is unconventional in many ways and contains many secrets. Don't let anyone clue you in on anything before read, it's a much better twist or I guess your could say reveal when you figure it out yourself.

As soon as I finish the novel I'm definitely going to watch the film. The screenplay was written by Alex Garland and directed by director Mark Romanek. Keira Knightley, Carey Mulligan, and Andrew Garfield play the three students.

Some currently watching... and currently wearing... posts to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment